Thursday 13 February 2014

The Boyfriend Issue

Having a boyfriend. Wait I don't know what that feels like because I've never had one, but I don't mind, that is what this post is about. I discuss this a lot with my gorgeous friend Talz. Why do girls feel as though they are incomplete until they have a boyfriend? Do you think it'll make you forever happy? Do you think it'll make you more mature? Well pull yourself together girly, imagine someone is metaphorically whacking you with a news paper. Some boy isn't going to come and save you, if you're in need of saving, you're going to have to learn to save yourself. You don't need a boyfriend to be able to do certain things? You can cook for yourself, dance around the house yourself, you have friends to hug you, you should always have someone to talk to and for me, when I'm upset, I don't need some guy holding me and telling me it'll be alright, I shop! And eat.... My point being, you shouldn't feel as though you need a guy to complete you or be the only thing that'll make you happy, you need to realize that if you want to feel happy, you'll have to learn to do it yourself. 

And I mean, Why would you want a boyfriend? 

Especially if you're still in school? You should be focusing on you and your studies. Boyfriends look like hard work? I feel as though some quotes from one of my all time favorite movies clueless are necessary. 

"Searching for a boy in high school is as useless as searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie" it's true, if you're anything like me, you'll have expectations for a guy, I would'nt just date anyone, I meant the basis of my expectations are that he has to be 6ft or over and have great fashion sense, 

"I'm not prude I'm just highly selective"

"You see how picky I am with my shoes and they only go on my feet" 

Watch it if you haven't. But I hope you see my point. You don't need a guy to save you! Ignore all the stories, go ahead and save yourself! If you are going to date someone, date someone who you actually really like, don't date someone just because you feel like it's sad not having a boyfriend. Because the fact that you think not having a boyfriend is sad, is actually sad. 

Help yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment