Wednesday 5 February 2014

Favorites // January

I have honestly been meaning to do this post and I completely forgot! All of January I was saying to myself "I'm not going to forget to do a January favorites" and what did I do? I forgot, luckily I had decided to look at Helenas blog http://helenanuich.blogspot.co.nz/ and she had done hers, so thank you for the reminder! I am slightly was slightly concerned about doing monthly favorites because I can't quite remember if some of them were more December etc but ah well, here are my January favorites,

Beauty
Mac Brushes, Body Shop, GAP perfume
Mac Brushes. I stole these from my mum a while ago because she didn't use them, but I have been really loving them and using them a lot recently. I have a 208 brow brush, 224 eyeshadow blending brush, 150 large powder brush, 252 concealer brush and a 180 face brush which isn't available anymore. Mac make really great products, I don't really buy any though because they are so expensive

Body Shop. I had never bought something for myself from here before but I really, really, really wanted the grapefruit body butter because I love grapefruit and it smells amazing, I was lucky enough to get that and the grapefruit shower gel for Christmas! Yay! I also bought the mango body butter for myself which I also love, body shop products are amazing, I honestly just love going in there to smell everything. I have used my products a lot spite trying to save them and the Body Shop is also great for presents. 

GAP perfume. I also got this for Christmas, which was great because I was nearing the end of my Daisy by Marc Jacobs perfume, this perfume is just lovely and fresh, it makes you feel refreshed and has a slightly fruity tint


Fashion
Black Chelsea boots or Black Fedora ~ Asos
Oh my, I have been obsessing over these, I had wanted them for so long and I found the perfect boots and hat on asos, they weren't exactly cheap at $80.81 for the boots and $67 for the hat, but it was worth it as the boots go with a lot, a lot of things I own and pair nicely with the hat. The boots are also great for winter and can be a nice change to black chucks, and the hat adds another lovely, classic and simple element to an outfit and both items are black and as I always say, black goes with everything


Food
Petite Kitchen Blog
The best gluten free blog there is for sure! I have saved soooo many recipes from here, they are all so simple and sound delicious, I have made quite a few things all ready and they have all been successful and delicious. A lot of the recipes are also refined sugar free and are generally good for you, so if you're looking for gluten free recipes definitely try http://www.petite-kitchen.com/ 


Music
Love Actually Soundtrack 
Of course it is. But honestly, it is a great soundtrack, I have listened to it a lot. 
Jump For My Love ~ The Pointer Sisters
Too Lost In You ~ Sugarbabes
The Trouble With Love Is ~ Kelly Clarkson
Here With Me ~ Dido
Christmas Is All Around ~ Bill Nighy
Turn Me On ~ Norah Jones
Sweetest Goodbye ~ Maroon 5
I'll See It Through ~ Texas
Both Sides Now ~ Joni Mitchell 
White Christmas ~ Otis Redding
Take Me As I Am ~ Wyclef Jean
All I Want For Christmas Is You ~ Olivia Olsen
God Only Knows ~ The Beach Boys
All You Need Is Love ~ Lynden David Hall
Sometimes ~ Gabrielle
Glasgow Love Theme ~ Craig Armstrong
PM's Love Theme ~ Craig Armstrong 

OTHER FAVES
Everlasting Love ~ Natalie Cole
Thnks fr th Mmrs ~ Fall Out Boy
I want you back ~ Jackson 5
Grow old with me ~ Tom Odell
Welcome To Mystery ~ Plain White T's
1,2,3,4 ~ Plain White T's
Always Where I need to be ~ The Kooks
Toothpaste Kisses ~ The Maccabees
Who Needs Love ~ Razorlight

TV
Carrie Diaries
I can honestly say, I have loved Carrie Diaries pretty much since it came out, if you don't want this do! It is perfect for a fashion, city, romance, drama lover with other interesting factors, all the episodes are done incredibly well and are always shocking you or making you hit something in frustration because something someone does. I personally love the journalism aspect of it as journalism is something I'd love to pursue and I also love all the fashion and crazy characters. Plus Austin Butler? Hello, total hottie! 

Movie
Rom Coms & Lord Of The Rings & The Hobbit
Well, I can say, I can't just pick one! I have been seriously loving my rom coms over the holidays, I just can't get enough, as cheesy and soppy as some of them are, you gotta love them. 
- Devil Wears Prada
- Confessions of a shopaholic
- Sex and the city
- Love and other drugs
- Angus thongs and perfect snogging
- Valentines day
- No strings attached 
- Bride Wars
- The Proposal
- 27 dresses
- How to loose a guy in 10 days
- The Holiday
- The princess diaries
- 13 going 30
- Friends with benefits
AND THE MY ALL TIME FAVORITE.....
LOVE ACTUALLY 
I have also been loving LOTR and The Hobbit, how did I get into these? Well that will involve a certain person who you will find out under the celebrity section. After seeing Desolation Of Smaug and all the behind the scenes because I wanted to watch that certain someone and I just ened up getting rather interested, so I decided that I better watch all the LOTR films, honestly these are very long and boring at times but amazing films and made here in NZ! I even went and watched the documentary on LOTR which was really really interesting. But yes I have been really loving all these and all the actors are great and Luke Evans? dayum

Book
Soulmates, Delirium, Wintergirls, Miranda Kerr 
Soulmates. Wow. What a great book. "Every so often, two people are born who are the perfect matches for each other. Soulmates. But while the odds of this happening are about as likely as being struck by lightning, when these people do meet and fall in love…thunderstorms, lightning strikes and lashings of rain are only the beginning of their problems". Such a good read, romance with a twist, the ending is so sad, I did cry but if you are a romantic, I recommend this, it also has this really sassy bit in it which I just read over and over.

Delirium. Sort of like divergent, sort of thing, "Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't" Basically love is banned, because it is a bad thing, girls can't touch or even talk to boys and if you break the rules, there are serious consequences, this book is really exciting and the ending again is very sad, it is also a trilogy I think.

Wintergirls. This book is about a girl with anorexia, it is written brilliantly, and in a way which is different to most books. It is a bit of a downer, it also involves things like suicide and drugs and alcohol, but it is an extremely good book

Miranda Kerr "Empower Yourself". I was so happy when this came out! I love it, I love it a lot! It is such an uplifting book, I just felt so happy after reading it and it makes you reflect a lot and think about who you want to be and who you are and wow, just wow, I have also read her first one which is just as good, but this one is a rather fast read. But if you're feeling a bit down, read it, I promise it'll lift your spirits, even a little bit.


Celebrity 
Orlando Bloom
Oh. My. Gosh. I probably sound like such a bimbo, but he is perfect, he is just wow, thats the only word I can use, holy moly. I saw him in Desolation Of Smaug and BOOM I pretty much fell in love, thats the reason I watch all the behind the scenes and LOTR and pretty much went into full stalk mode, the benefits of being a directioner, you get some superb stalking skills. I went ahead and watch LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2 & 3, Elizabeth Town, I even watched an old episode of Midsomer Murders he was in and I'm planning to watch some of the other films ~ pure dedication. But he is so gorgeous, I am in awe, I mean how? How does one be that gorgeous? 


Other
Kiki k Notebook, Glasshouse Candles

Kiki k, I bought my journal from here in must of been December, but i'm writing about it now so too bad. Kiki k is one of my favorite stores, I love buying writing pens from their also and other organizational products, they're just very simple and nice and well made so they last. My notebook is plain black leather and I write in it a lot, I use it for thoughts, notes, drawing, ideas, drafts, worries everything really, they are great!




Glasshouse Candles are possibly the nicest candles ever, I have four, one large and three small and ahh they smell amazing, I have only been burning one of them because I don't want to ruin them! I just love to smell them, yes they are expensive but it is worth it because they are just great candles, and great candles are just fab


Well! I have most definitely overused the words, love, great and amazing in this post! They just work well! I hope you enjoyed reading this because it took ages to write and finish. Hope you're having a good school week (I'm exhausted already)

No comments:

Post a Comment