Sunday 26 January 2014

Best Gluten Free Pancakes

Pancakes are such a lovely thing to have for breakfast, especially on a weekend. I have done another healthy pancake recipe which was my banana ones (I'll post the recipe link down the bottom) but sometimes it's nice to have 'normal' or 'plain' pancakes, ones that everybody will like. To create this recipe, I went through and looked at lots of other recipes and crafted it to what I had and liked. To compliment this recipe I also improvised a berry compote which turned out rather well, so I will put the recipe for that in this post. Any sliced fruit would go nicely with these pancakes, orange, kiwifruit, berries, pear you can change it up a bit to what suits you.

Pancake Ingredients:
2 cups buckwheat flower (I used 1 cup buckwheat 1 cup almond but whatever suits you)*
4 eggs
1 cup milk 
2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, we had none)
1tbsp apple cider vinegar 
1 tsp vanilla essence 
1 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 tsp baking soda 

Method:
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until a batter is formed 
Spray pan and cook pancakes (brown on each side)


Berry Compote:
*this was very improvised so i'm unsure of exact amounts*
1-2 cups of berries
2/4 cups of water (or so berries are sitting in water)
1/4 cup of brown sugar (or more if you think) 

Method:
Place berries in saucepan and leave for 1-2 minutes
pour in water and add brown sugar
Just leave and stir and go with it until it looks all right 




No comments:

Post a Comment