You know when you have those moments when all of a sudden you have this sudden urge to bake? Well that's what I had this afternoon before my run and I came up with a cupcake idea - brilliant if you ask me. Everyone, or most people love the combination of chocolate and mint and I had a block of peppermint chocolate, so why not make peppermint chocolate cupcakes? This recipe is super easy and makes delicious cupcakes.
- 3/4 cup flour (plain)
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 80 grams butter (melted/softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whittakers dark peppermint chocolate
- 170 grams butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- peppermint essence
- drop of green food coloring
*preheat oven to 160*
1. Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until mixed
2. Spoon into lined muffin tray
3. Place 1 piece of chocolate in cupcake centre
4. Bake for 15 minutes or they bounce back when touched
1. Soften butter and place in bowl, add icing sugar, essence and coloring
2. Mix with a hand held beater until mixed
Once the cupcakes have cooled, add on the icing, I just dolloped mine on then with the remaining chocolate cut each piece in half and put 2 halved on top of each cupcake!
Don't put the chocolate on the bottom because when you go to take off the wrappers it sticks!
- Soph x