Friday 13 December 2013

Christmas Cupcakes

As I said in one of my previous Christmas posts, I love Christmas baking, today I decided to bake cupcakes, because who doesn't love cupcakes? I used a recipe from Nigella Lawson, they're just vanilla cupcakes with red royal icing and coconut with a red jelly bean on top ~ so creative. 

recipe:
125g self-raising flour
125g unsalted butter ~ softened
125g caster sugar
2 eggs
1-2 teaspoons good vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
Few tablespoons milk 

Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
Put all ingredients into a food processor except milk and mix until smooth
add milk gradually while mixing until you get a consistent smooth mixture
Pour into lined muffin trays and cook in over for 15-20 minutes 

Icing:
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
2 table spoons water 
food coloring (optional)


christmas tree emoticon
  

No comments:

Post a Comment