Monday 2 June 2014

Confessions Of A Shopaholic

Hello,

My name is Sophia and I am a shopaholic. 

I have been labeled a spender, I can't seem to walk into a store without coming out with something. 

"A man will never love you or treat you as well as a store. If a man doesn't fit, you can't exchange him seven days later for a gorgeous cashmere sweater. And a store always smells good. A store can awaken a lust for things you never even knew you needed. And when your fingers first grasp those shiny, new bags... oh yes... oh yes." - Rebecca Bloomwood in Confessions of a shopaholic

When I walk into a store and run my hands along those garments, I feel calm and collected. "That moment. That instant when your fingers curl round the handles of a shiny, uncreased bag—and all the gorgeous new things inside it become yours. What’s it like? It’s like going hungry for days, then cramming your mouth full of warm buttered toast. It’s like waking up and realizing it’s the weekend.  Everything else is blocked out of your mind. It’s pure, selfish pleasure" - confessions of a shopaholic 
You turn your head and you feel your heart melting, racing, an intense feeling of happiness rushes through you - that's the feeling most people get from a boyfriend or girlfriend or just a certain person they're in love with - me that's what I get when I see clothes, I don't have to go through the heart ache of being in love with 'someone' when i'm in love with 'something'.

Shopping is how I make myself feel better. When I'm upset or frustrated all I want to do is shop. And we're meant to do what makes up happy right? 

Shopping gives me a sense of control in a world full of chaos

And that's why I'm a shopaholic 





- Soph x 

No comments:

Post a Comment